The usual definition of relaxation in Hypnotism, Meditation, and Physiology is the Ultimate Expansion following ultimate contraction due to exhaustion.
According to others it also can be processes which nuclear magnetization return to equilibrium distribution. Don’t think we are there yet: What about: Dielectric Relaxation; the delay in the dielectric constant of a material. If you still don’t think you had enough relaxation try this one:
Relaxation is the act of substituting alternative program code during Linking.
But what do FAMOUS people have to tell about relax or relaxation:
– It is in human nature to RELAX, when not compelled by personal advantage or disadvantage. ( Goethe.)
– Get out of the blocks, run your race, stay RELAXed. If you run your race, you’ll win. Channel your energy. Focus. ( Carol Lewis.)
– Nothing destroys authority more than the unequal and untimely interchange of power stretched too far and RELAXed too much. ( Francis Bacon.)
– Art raises its head where creeds RELAX. ( Friedrich Nietzsche.)
– Two frogs fell into a bowl of cream. One didn’t panic, he RELAXED and drowned. The other kicked and struggled so much that the cream turned to butter and he walked out. ( Source Unknown.)
– I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most RELAXED and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity — all I hope for in my clothes (Yves Saint- Laurent.)
And to make it all even better: where does the word come from, or also called Etymology: